[N Korea] ready for war

Newsgroups
Subject: [N Korea] ready for war
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: dictator.asia
Date: Oct 05 2017 14:38:23
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/opinion/sunday/nuclear-north-korea.html

I was given a visa to North Korea, along with three other New York Times journalists. The U.S. State Department promptly gave us an exemption from the travel ban to North Korea and issued special passports good for a single trip here.

Far more than when I previously visited, North Korea is galvanizing its people to expect a nuclear war with the United States. High school students march in the streets in military uniform every day to denounce America. Posters and billboards along the public roads show missiles destroying the U.S. Capitol and shredding the American flag. In fact, images of missiles are everywhere — in a kindergarten playground, at a dolphin show, on state television. This military mobilization is accompanied by the ubiquitous assumption that North Korea could not only survive a nuclear conflict, but also win it.

Date Subject  Author
05.10. o [N Korea] ready for warRS Wood