Re: [China] RIP Liu Xiaobo

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: [China] RIP Liu Xiaobo
From: dildo@gofuckyourself.gmail.invalid (Dildo Baggins)
Newsgroups: dictator.asia
Date: Jul 13 2017 18:18:04
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 13:14:47 -0400
Dildo Baggins <dildo@gofuckyourself.gmail.invalid> wrote:

https://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2017/07/13/liu-xiaobo-we-miss-you/?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

Interesting:

Liu’s death in custody is also a window into how far backward Xi has
taken China. For parts of the 1990’s and 2000’s, Liu was free and able
to write for overseas and Internet publications. (I last spoke to him
shortly before his arrest in 2008; State Security cut the phone
connection after I identified myself.) China under Xi is less free than
China was 20 years ago. I wrote an open letter to Liu a few days ago,
describing him as perhaps the man I admire most, and I wish he could
have seen it—but I’m sure the authorities did not allow him to do so.

Date Subject  Author
13.07. * [China] RIP Liu XiaoboDildo Baggins
13.07. `- Re: [China] RIP Liu XiaoboDildo Baggins