Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leave

Subject: Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leave
From: (RS Wood)
Date: Feb 01 2017 17:00:00
On 2017-01-26, Bold Fold <> wrote:
On 2017-01-22, Bold Fold <> wrote:
On 2017-01-21, NewsBeanie <> wrote:
Title: The Gambia's Yahya Jammeh 'to quit and leave'
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:41:52 -0500

The Gambian strongman Yahya Jammeh has agreed to step down, officials involved
in negotiations say.

And he's stepped down and is gone.

But he's taken 11M and a whole shitload of government Mercedes with him.
I guess everyone expected that though.  In fact, maybe that's what he's
been doing these past weeks: playing for time, long enough to arrange
shipment, do some last minute banking, pack up his undershorts, and book
a room at the Ramada Beach Inn.

Good riddance, Jammeh - you were a colossal putz.

The CSM would like to infer some meaning from the whole thing. They
might be onto something.

Feed: Christian Science Monitor | World
Title: Why tiny Gambia's political transition holds outsized meaning
for many Afric
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:51:59 -0500

I always like it when a few words convey a lot – in this case,
#LessonsfromGambia. From where? The oft-overlooked country – and its
neighbors – just sent a loud message to African leaders who hang on
too long,
and to citizens eager for change. – Amelia Newcomb, International News
[image 1]

[1]: (image)

Date Subject  Author
21.01. * [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leaveNewsBeanie
22.01. `* Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leaveBold Fold
26.01.  `* Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leaveBold Fold
01.02.   `- Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leaveRS Wood