Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leave

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leave
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: dictator.africa
Date: Feb 01 2017 17:00:00
On 2017-01-26, Bold Fold <boldfold@hotmail.wanker.co.uk> wrote:
On 2017-01-22, Bold Fold <boldfold@hotmail.wanker.co.uk> wrote:
On 2017-01-21, NewsBeanie <newsbeanie@dictatorshandbook.net> wrote:
Title: The Gambia's Yahya Jammeh 'to quit and leave'
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:41:52 -0500
Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-38699119

The Gambian strongman Yahya Jammeh has agreed to step down, officials involved
in negotiations say.

And he's stepped down and is gone.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/world/africa/gambia-president-yahya-jammeh-adama-barrow.html

But he's taken 11M and a whole shitload of government Mercedes with him.
I guess everyone expected that though.  In fact, maybe that's what he's
been doing these past weeks: playing for time, long enough to arrange
shipment, do some last minute banking, pack up his undershorts, and book
a room at the Ramada Beach Inn.

Good riddance, Jammeh - you were a colossal putz.

The CSM would like to infer some meaning from the whole thing. They
might be onto something.

Feed: Christian Science Monitor | World
Title: Why tiny Gambia's political transition holds outsized meaning
for many Afric
ans
Link:
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/2017/0125/Why-tiny-Gambia-s-political-t
ransition-holds-outsized-meaning-for-many-Africans
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:51:59 -0500

I always like it when a few words convey a lot – in this case,
#LessonsfromGambia. From where? The oft-overlooked country – and its
neighbors – just sent a loud message to African leaders who hang on
too long,
and to citizens eager for change. – Amelia Newcomb, International News
Editor
[image 1]

Links:
[1]: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/feeds/world/~4/vjAZf3vtq_c (image)

Date Subject  Author
21.01. * [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leaveNewsBeanie
22.01. `* Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leaveBold Fold
26.01.  `* Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leaveBold Fold
01.02.   `- Re: [Gambia] Jammeh is going to quit and leaveRS Wood