Re: [Yemen] is in tatters

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: [Yemen] is in tatters
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: dictator.mideast
Date: Nov 30 2017 17:56:01
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 02:06:29 GMT
NewsBeanie <newsbeanie@dictatorshandbook.net> wrote:

Title: Yemen conflict: How my country has changed
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 03:23:18 +0300
Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39365164

Two years on from the start of the Saudi-led offensive, the BBC's Mai Noman
returns to her home country.

https://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21731823-pointless-conflict-has-caused-worst-humanitarian-crisis-world-howand-whyto-end

//-- clip

YEMEN lost the title of Arabia Felix, or “Fortunate Arabia”, long ago.
It has suffered civil wars, tribalism, jihadist violence and appalling
poverty. But none of this compares with the misery being inflicted on
the country today by the war between a Saudi-led coalition and the
Houthis, a Shia militia backed by Iran.

The UN reckons three-quarters of Yemen’s 28m people need some kind of
humanitarian aid. Mounting rubbish, failing sewerage and wrecked water
supplies have led to the worst cholera outbreak in recent history. The
country is on the brink of famine. The economy has crumbled, leaving
people with impossible choices. Each day the al-Thawra hospital in
Hodeida must decide which of the life-saving equipment to run with what
little fuel it has.

//-- clip

Date Subject  Author
26.03. * [Yemen] is in tattersNewsBeanie
30.11. `- Re: [Yemen] is in tattersRS Wood