[ISIS] vs. Ariana Grande

Newsgroups
Subject: [ISIS] vs. Ariana Grande
From: dildo@gofuckyourself.gmail.invalid (Dildo Baggins)
Newsgroups: dictator.mideast
Date: May 26 2017 19:33:39
Salman Abedi, rot in hell, you evil fuck.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/opinion/manchester-ariana-grande-salman-abedi.html

A young woman from Florida grows up in the public glare. On
Nickelodeon’s show “Victorious” she becomes a star, playing a character
called Cat with fiery red hair (the color of the red velvet cupcakes
she loves.) Cat is ditzy and playful and empathetic; the show attracts
millions. The young woman can sing, with a wide vocal range. Unlike
other rising teen stars, including Miley Cyrus, she circumvents scandal
and manages adolescence and her career transition with dignity. She
tries to bolster that most brittle of things: self-esteem in teenage
girls. Her proud femininity, can-do assurance and sexiness say all
things are possible. She hosts Saturday Night Live once. She has more
Instagram followers than Beyoncé. Ariana Grande thrills and comforts
adolescents.

Then a young man her age self-detonates. Boom. Silence. Screams. Blood.
Limbs. Grande will grow up faster now. Her bunny ears may not resist
the gravity of death so revealed. Is Grande’s network stronger than
Abedi’s? I believe it is. The public face of the world — the Islamic
State and all those meaningless words — is ugly right now. But behind
it, in myriad ways, billions use the forces of connection to resist the
abyss and lift humanity.

--
Dildo Baggins <dildo@gofuckyourself.gmail.invalid>

Date Subject  Author
26.05. o [ISIS] vs. Ariana GrandeDildo Baggins