[UK] Brexit madness

Newsgroups
Subject: [UK] Brexit madness
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: dictator.europe
Date: Apr 03 2019 14:47:11
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/02/opinion/brexit-news.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Both Conservative and Labour members of Parliament keep voting down one
plan after another, looking for the perfect fix, the pain-free exit
from the E.U. But there is none, because you can’t fix stupid.

The entire Brexit choice was presented to the public in 2016 with
utterly misleading simplicity. It was sold with a pack of lies about
both the size of the benefits and the ease of implementation, and it
continues to be pushed by Conservative hard-liners who used to care
about business but are now obsessed with restoring Britain’s
“sovereignty” over any economic considerations.

They don’t seem to be listening at all to people like Tom Enders,
C.E.O. of the aerospace giant Airbus, which employs more than 14,000
people in the U.K., with around 110,000 more local jobs connected to
its supply chains. Enders has warned the political leadership here that
if the U.K. just crashes out of the E.U. in the coming weeks, Airbus
may be forced to make some “potentially very harmful decisions” about
its operations in Britain.

“Please don’t listen to the Brexiteers’ madness which asserts that
‘because we have huge plants here we will not move. …’ They are wrong,”
he said. “And, make no mistake, there are plenty of countries out there
who would love to build the wings for Airbus aircraft.”

--
RS Wood <rsw@therandymon.com>

Date Subject  Author
03.04. * [UK] Brexit madnessRS Wood
03.04. `* Re: [UK] Brexit madnessRS Wood
03.04.  `- Re: [UK] Brexit madnessRS Wood