Cyber Ledger and Google dystopia

Newsgroups
Subject: Cyber Ledger and Google dystopia
From: newsbeanie@dictatorshandbook.net (NewsBeanie)
Newsgroups: dictator.general
Date: May 19 2018 02:22:01
Title: Selfish Ledger is an unsettling vision of Google social engineering
Author: Thom Holwerda
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 18:19:57 -0400
Link: http://osnews.com/story/30367/Selfish_Ledger_is_an_unsettling_vision_of_Google_social_engineering

Google has built a multibillion-dollar business out of knowing everything about
its users. Now, a video produced within Google and obtained by The Verge offers
a stunningly ambitious and unsettling look at how some at the company envision
using that information in the future. The video was made in late 2016 by Nick
Foster, the head of design at X (formerly Google X), and shared internally
within Google. It imagines a future of total data collection, where Google
helps nudge users into alignment with their goals, custom-prints personalized
devices to collect more data, and even guides the behavior of entire
populations to solve global problems like poverty and disease. This is exactly
as dystopian and deeply creepy as you think it is. My biggest concern is not
that this video exists or that companies such as Google are thinking about this
- my biggest concern is that a whole generation of people already seem to
accept this as the new normal even before it's a reality.

Date Subject  Author
19.05. o Cyber Ledger and Google dystopiaNewsBeanie