Re: "Angry American Voter Is Scared"

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: "Angry American Voter Is Scared"
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: misc.news.internet.discuss, dictator.general
Date: Feb 06 2018 22:10:32
On Mon, 05 Feb 2018 23:19:29 -0600
JAB <here@toadsfoot.net> wrote:

"Leaders walk toward those scary things," Schnur said. "And before
leaders like you walk toward those scary things, they turn to the
frightened people on both sides of them-real leaders turn to people on
the left and their right-and they reassure them, and they remind them
that if we walk toward those scary things together, thatÂ’s how we
win."

http://goodtimes.sc/santa-cruz-news/schnur-angry-american-voter-scared/

Ha ha, that URL looks like it should be promoting "medical" marijuana
and eco-retreats starring yoga-with-goats.

The thing is, leaders - demagogues, populists, etc - make a full time
living convincing the people that the world is dangerous and scary and
that only they can protect you from it.  The remedy here is for the
people to smarten the fuck up.

Yeah, people are scared.  They want security, entertainment, and hope
against tragedy and hardship.  But most leaders these days are
desperately looking for an external menace, either real or created, as
a way of banding the hoipolloy together.

Sadly, it usually works!  Good thing the world is full of asshat
countries like North Korea who fall into this politically-convenient
category and get suckered into the usual role.

Date Subject  Author
06.02. * Re: "Angry American Voter Is Scared"RS Wood
07.02. `- Re: "Angry American Voter Is Scared"JAB