Panama Papers journalist assassinated in Malta

Newsgroups
Subject: Panama Papers journalist assassinated in Malta
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: dictator.general
Date: Oct 16 2017 22:29:22
http://nypost.com/2017/10/16/panama-papers-journalist-killed-by-car-bomb/

Daphne Caruana Galizia, a Maltese journalist who led the Panama Papers
investigation into corruption on the tiny island nation in the
Mediterranean, was killed by a car bomb on Monday.

Prime Minister Joseph Muscat, whom Caruana Galizia targeted in her blog
“Running Commentary, condemned the killing as a “barbaric” act, Agence
France-Presse reported.

“What happened today is unacceptable on various levels. Today is a
black day for our democracy and our freedom of speech,” he told
reporters.

Caruana Galizia, 53, had just driven away from her home in Mosta, near
the capital Valletta, when the bomb obliterated her Peugeot 108 and
sent her body flying over a wall and into a field.

No one has come forward to claim responsibility for the attack.

Muscat described Caruana Galizia – who was recently described by
Politico as a “one-woman WikiLeaks” — as “one of my harshest critics,
on a political and personal level.”

“But nobody can justify this barbaric act in any way. I will not rest
until justice is done,” he added.

--

Date Subject  Author
16.10. o Panama Papers journalist assassinated in MaltaRS Wood