Re: General Douglas MacArthur, 1957

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: General Douglas MacArthur, 1957
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: misc.news.internet.discuss, dictator.general
Date: Oct 25 2016 01:32:47
On 2016-10-24, JAB <here@toadsfoot.net> wrote:
"Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear -- kept us in
a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor -- with the cry of grave
national emergency... Always there has been some terrible evil to
gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it  by furnishing the
exorbitant sums demanded.  Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem
never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real."
-- General Douglas MacArthur, 1957

That would have been a great quote to start off Chapter 4 of the
Dictator's Handbook.  I used a Stalin quote instead, natch.  The quote
seems particularly relevant in this American presidential election
cycle, I'd say.

Date Subject  Author
25.10. o Re: General Douglas MacArthur, 1957RS Wood