Re: Russia spent billions to build influence in Venezuela. Now it faces a bet gone bad.

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Russia spent billions to build influence in Venezuela. Now it faces a bet gone bad.
From: here@toadsfoot.net (JAB)
Newsgroups: dictator.america
Date: Jan 26 2019 03:27:01
On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 15:58:05 -0600, JAB <here@toadsfoot.net> wrote:

Venezuela

Elliott Abrams, prominent D.C. neocon, named special envoy for
Venezuela

Elliott Abrams, a controversial neoconservative figure who was
entangled in the Iran-Contra affair, has been named as a Trump
administration special envoy overseeing policy toward Venezuela, which
has been rocked by a leadership crisis.

Abrams’ appointment, announced Friday by Secretary of State Mike
Pompeo, is something of a surprise — President Donald Trump nixed his
2017 bid to be deputy secretary of State after learning that Abrams
had criticized him.
Abrams, who in recent years has been at the Council on Foreign
Relations think tank, noted the timing of his return to the State
Department. “I left this building 30 years ago this week, last time I
worked here. So it’s very nice to be back,” he said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/25/elliott-abrams-envoy-venezuela-1128562

Date Subject  Author
25.01. * Russia spent billions to build influence in VenezuRS Wood
25.01. +- Re: Russia spent billions to build influence in VenezuJAB
25.01. +* Re: Russia spent billions to build influence in VenezuJAB
25.01. |`* Re: Russia spent billions to build influence in VenezuJAB
26.01. | `- Re: Russia spent billions to build influence in VenezuJAB
05.02. `- Re: Russia spent billions to build influence in VenezuJAB