Re: The Suffocation of Democracy

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: The Suffocation of Democracy
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: dictator.america
Date: Jan 18 2019 17:59:43
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:31:31 -0600
JAB <here@toadsfoot.net> wrote:

Finally, within several decades after Trump’s presidency has ended,
the looming effects of ecological disaster due to human-caused climate
change--which Trump not only denies but is doing so much to
accelerate--will be inescapable. Desertification of continental
interiors, flooding of populous coastal areas, and increased frequency
and intensity of extreme weather events, with concomitant shortages of
fresh water and food, will set in motion both population flight and
conflicts over scarce resources that dwarf the current fate of Central
Africa and Syria. No wall will be high enough to shelter the US from
these events. Trump is not Hitler and Trumpism is not Nazism, but
regardless of how the Trump presidency concludes, this is a story
unlikely to have a happy ending.

The environment is a self-correcting system.  The forces we set in
motion may lead to our demise, which is just as a self-correcting
system should do.  I hardly care.  Hope the next species to
overpopulate this earth has fun.

Date Subject  Author
14.01. * The Suffocation of DemocracyJAB
18.01. `- Re: The Suffocation of DemocracyRS Wood