Vowing to bulldoze corruption

Newsgroups
Subject: Vowing to bulldoze corruption
From: here@toadsfoot.net (JAB)
Newsgroups: dictator.america
Date: Dec 28 2018 19:33:01
Sidebar

Vowing to bulldoze corruption, Tanzania's president bulldozes dissent

By Ryan Lenora Brown, Staff writer | December 26, 2018

On a December day three years ago, two months after he was elected
president of Tanzania, John Magufuli walked out of the presidential
palace here and began scooping handfuls of dried leaves and torn
plastic bags into a trash bin.

The symbolism of his participation in the nationwide cleanup could not
have been more pointed.

Mr. Magufuli had run a campaign promising to clean up government in
Tanzania, weeding out corruption and bureaucratic bloat. His
supporters called him "The Bulldozer."
"Magufuli’s crusades have always been personal; he doesn’t feel the
need to work within the framework of the law or within institutions,"
says Dewa Mavhinga, the southern Africa director for Human Rights
Watch. "And that has created many of the problems we’re now seeing."

https://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/text/World/Africa/2018/1226/Vowing-to-bulldoze-corruption-Tanzania-s-president-bulldozes-dissent

Date Subject  Author
28.12. * Vowing to bulldoze corruptionJAB
07.01. `- Re: Vowing to bulldoze corruptionRS Wood