Re: [USA] one more reason why digital voting isn't there yet

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: [USA] one more reason why digital voting isn't there yet
From: here@toadsfoot.net (JAB)
Newsgroups: dictator.america
Date: Aug 12 2018 04:27:23
On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:26:45 -0400, RS Wood <rsw@therandymon.com>
wrote:

[USA] one more reason why digital voting isn't there yet

Children can easily hack American election data

Hacking the real websites would be illegal. So instead, Ms Sell’s team
created 13 sites that mimicked the real websites, gaping
vulnerabilities and all, for 13 so-called --battleground" states -
parts of the country where the vote is expected to be tight.

Over the course of a day, 39 kids aged between 8 and 17 took the
challenge - 35 of them succeeded in bypassing the trivial security.
Pranks ensued. At one time the site told us 12 billion votes had been
cast. Later, we were told that candidate "Bob Da Builder" was the
victor.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45154903

Date Subject  Author
18.07. * [USA] one more reason why digital voting isn't theRS Wood
18.07. +- Re: [USA] one more reason why digital voting isn't theJAB
27.07. +- Re: [USA] one more reason why digital voting isn't theJAB
12.08. `- Re: [USA] one more reason why digital voting isn't theJAB