[USA] being an opponent is now "treasonous"

Newsgroups
Subject: [USA] being an opponent is now "treasonous"
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: dictator.america
Date: Feb 06 2018 21:42:58
Yes that's right folks: this is, indeed, straight out of the Dictator's
Handbook.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/02/06/trumps-lapdogs-now-accept-the-labeling-of-opponents-as-treasonous/?utm_term=.51afe8d993e6

//-- clip

Trump’s lapdogs now accept the labeling of opponents as ‘treasonous’

A week ago at the State of the Union Trump declared, “Tonight, I call
upon on all of us to set aside our differences, to seek out common
ground and to summon the unity we need to deliver for the people. This
is really the key. These are the people we were elected to serve. … All
of us, together, as one team, one people, and one American family, can
do anything. We all share the same home, the same heart, the same
destiny, and the same great American flag.” Reaching across the aisle!
Offering an open hand! Monday, as the stock market was tumbling, Trump
sneered at Democrats who did not swoon over his State of the Union
address. “They were like death. And un-American. Un-American. Somebody
said, ‘treasonous.’ I mean, yeah, I guess, why not? Can we call that
treason? Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our
country very much.” Splat! There goes another gang of Trump apologists.
(Now, after media outlets and Democratic office-holders have blasted
his language, the White House claims it was all a “joke,” the
administration’s most overused and ineffective tactic when defending
the indefensible.)

Some Republicans will ignore the remarks; others will scream at the
media for covering them. Others will rationalize it. As of this
writing, there has been little pushback from the GOP. Republicans’
refusal to call out the most base language, the language of dictators,
confirms their capitulation — political and moral — to Trump. (These
are the same people who insist Republicans cannot be tarred with a
broad brush in 2018 because they don’t share Trump’s racist, xenophobic
and anti-democratic views.)
//-- clip

Date Subject  Author
06.02. * [USA] being an opponent is now "treasonous"RS Wood
06.02. +* Re: [USA] being an opponent is now "treasonous"JAB
07.02. |`- Re: [USA] being an opponent is now "treasonous"RS Wood
07.02. `- Re: [USA] being an opponent is now "treasonous"JAB