[USA] Divided GOP unites on one thing: tax cuts for the super-rich

Newsgroups
Subject: [USA] Divided GOP unites on one thing: tax cuts for the super-rich
From: rsw@therandymon.com (RS Wood)
Newsgroups: dictator.america
Date: Sep 29 2017 21:14:49
It's what they were put there to do, after all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/09/29/deeply-divided-gop-agrees-on-one-thing-people-like-trump-need-a-huge-tax-cut/?utm_term=.89b88a41d3cb

The Plum Line Opinion
Deeply divided GOP agrees on one thing: People like Trump need a huge
tax cut

THE MORNING PLUM:

This morning brings two major developments. The first is that
Republicans are pressing forward with their tax reform plan, and they
are on the political defensive, because the plan would cut taxes deeply
on the wealthy — including President Trump himself — without giving any
obvious benefits to the working and middle classes. The second is that
Republicans are increasingly resigned to the threat of primary
challengers to GOP incumbents — and these challengers, we are told,
will run as the true bearers of the Trumpist banner.

The confluence of these two narratives does not make it any easier to
make sense of what is going on inside the GOP right now. We were told
for many months that the ferment in the Republican Party that gave rise
to Trump was in part caused by hatred of economic elites. Yet this has
suddenly vanished from the discussion at precisely the moment when
you’d think more scrutiny should fall upon it.

--
RS Wood <rsw@therandymon.com>

Date Subject  Author
29.09. * [USA] Divided GOP unites on one thing: tax cuts foRS Wood
14.11. `* Re: [USA] Class Warfare NowRS Wood
18.11.  `- Re: [USA] Class Warfare NowJAB