[USA] [USA] Baltimore cops planting - then finding - drug evidence

Newsgroups
Subject: [USA] [USA] Baltimore cops planting - then finding - drug evidence
From: newsbeanie@dictatorshandbook.net (NewsBeanie)
Newsgroups: dictator.america, alt.america, alt.politics.constitution
Followup: dictator.america
Date: Aug 01 2017 02:43:05
Title: 34 Criminal Cases Tossed after Body cam Footage Shows Cop Planting Drugs
Author: martyb
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 15:22:00 -0400
Link: https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=17/07/31/1215207&from=rss

Mykl[1] writes:

Ars Technica brings us an update to an earlier story in which a court case was
thrown out when a police officer's body cam showed him planting drugs before
'finding' them immediately after. Now prosecutors in Maryland are reviewing
other body-cam footage and have already thrown out 34 criminal cases[2] with
many more under review:

The Baltimore Police Department's body cams, like many across the nation,
capture footage 30 seconds before an officer presses the record button. The
footage was turned over to defense attorneys as part of a drug prosecution -
and that's when the misdeed was uncovered.

[...] "We are dismissing those cases which relied exclusively on the
credibility of these officers," Mosby told a news conference Friday. She said
the dismissed cases, some of which have already been prosecuted, involved
weapons and drugs.

Lesson learned cops - plant drugs, wait 30 seconds, then turn on the camera!

Original Submission[3]

Read more of this story[4] at SoylentNews.

Links:
[1]: http://soylentnews.org/~Mykl/ (link)
[2]: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/07/faked-body-cam-footage-gets-dozens-of-criminals-set-free-and-more-likely/ (link)
[3]: http://soylentnews.org/submit.pl?op=viewsub&subid=21513 (link)
[4]: https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=17/07/31/1215207&from=rss (link)

Date Subject  Author
01.08. o [USA] [USA] Baltimore cops planting - then findingNewsBeanie