Re: How our appetite for cheap food drove rural America to Trump

Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How our appetite for cheap food drove rural America to Trump
From: here@toadsfoot.net (JAB)
Newsgroups: dictator.america
Date: Jul 03 2017 17:46:13
On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 11:06:53 -0400 (EDT), RS Wood <rsw@therandymon.com>
wrote:

How our appetite for cheap food drove rural America to Trump
http://wapo.st/2ttiYp6

Part myth, part truth.

Profit margin on say a bushel of wheat has decreased over the years,
plus equipment/etc costs has risen.  As such, it takes more
land/bushels to compensate.  Also, there are more international
players producing grains like soybeans/corn, which also affects market
prices.

US deficit spending has been the economic Grim Reaper.  Imports have
reduced inflationary effects, which masks consumers' perception of
inflation.

There are many variables involved in this equation.  Grain/etc prices
based upon supply/demand tends to shape what happens the most.

Also, rural agriculture folks tend to vote for those who can boost
grain/etc prices, which generaly, has been Republican party..

Date Subject  Author
02.07. * How our appetite for cheap food drove rural AmericRS Wood
03.07. `- Re: How our appetite for cheap food drove rural AmericJAB