Forum Charter

Newsgroups
Subject: Forum Charter
From: rich@dictatorshandbook.net (Richard M. Tater)
Newsgroups: dictator.announce
Date: Dec 17 2016 09:15:00
Merry Christmas, Autocrats.  And I know there are more of you reading than ever
before.  The pendulum is swinging again, this time in the direction of
heavy-handedness.  Hey Americans, you making your place great again?  Enjoying
a man of conviction?  Angela Merkel, good luck to you!  Francois Hollande, au
revoir!  The world has demanded action.  Hey Syrian refugees, your welcome is
basically over.  Thank the rapists among you, among other things.  It may just
be the world has had enough of everyone's "rights."  We live in an iconoclastic
era - let's see what becomes of us once we begin swinging our Dicks around ...
Merry Xmas!

INTRODUCTION AND PURPOSE This forum's purpose is to encourage informed,
intelligent discussion about dictators, tyrants, and pretenders-to-the-throne,
and their methods. Since these autocrats all seem to be using the same play
book, we track and discuss it in the context of the book.  It's not just
tyrants, though: the tools of bad governance cloaked in the language of
democracy is increasingly the way of the world.

Provided you are interested in the subject matter and are willing to contribute
constructively, we'd love you to join the discussion, either by posting news of
your own or by commenting on the rolling newsfeed that provides links to
articles of interest. It's optimized for speed and low bandwidth access, so
it's easy to use on any Internet-enabled device from phones to tablets to
desktops. The forum doesn't require you log in, have a real address, verify
your email, or anything. You are totally anonymous, as you should be if you're
going to discuss dictators.

It also has no advertising; we're not selling advertising and we're not
interested in your personal information. In fact, we're not selling anything
other than our fabulous book and related merchandise. We are certainly not
selling anything related to your personal information. We find that refreshing,
and hopefully you do too.

Please read the forum charter first (below). In participating, you agree to be
bound by it.

CHARTER The purpose of this forum is to encourage discussion and debate on
dictators and their methods, as well as our book. It is intended to permit
anonymous discussion (use any alias you'd like). Links will regularly be posted
here to recent news articles about germane topics, and discussion can go from
there.  Feel free to post what you want here; it doesn't have to be the
NewsFeeder that starts all the conversations. See the charter below for more
information on usage rules and netiquette. Note: Presence of a country does not
necessarily mean it is a dictatorship; absence of a country on the forum
doesn't mean it is not. Simply, a post means a subject covered by the book was
employed in that country.

USAGE RULES No spam ever. Every single spam message will be deleted, and if it
gets to be a major problem, we will take other appropriate measures.  Keep the
posts on topic, and relevant to the appropriate country. If we're feeling
bitchy, we might nuke off-topic conversation as well, just to keep the place
organized and on-topic.  Be civil: treat your fellow interlocutors with
respect.  Typically, it is customary to post your replies below the previous
text.  Under no circumstances will we permit links to, discussions about, or
any reference to warez, cracking, child pornography, or illegal drug use. All
offending posts will be immediately removed and other appropriate actions may
be taken as necessary and at the owners' sole discretion.  No douchebaggery.
Yes, you.

WHERE TO FIND US ON USENET The Dictator hierarchy is now being carried by
Individual.net/Individual.de, probably one of the best respected news
providers.  Again, we've got great coverage via German NSPs!  Thanks to to
Datemas.de, Weretis.net and Solani.org, up.  Thanks as well to the folks at
Albasani.net and mccarragher.net who got the ball rolling.  Also carrying our
groups are blocknews.net, hitnews.com, newsgroupdirect.com, altopia.com,
glorb.net, usenetnow.net, XSnews.nl, tweaknews.nl, newshosting.com,
readnews.com, cambriumusenet.nl, weretis.net, highwinds, eweka.nl,
usenetmonster.com, and forteinc.com newservers.  And, after some polling, we
can confirm the dictator hierarchy is available on Virginmedia,
newshosting.com, Newsreader.com, and Newscene.com.   Just found it on
alt119.net as well, and we hope to have narkive archive it before long.  Stay
tuned.

--
This charter last updated on 17 September 2015.

Date Subject  Author
17.12. o Forum CharterRichard M. Tater